Introducing the AT2040 Portable Vibration Calibrator, shaker table, and sensor simulator. This portable shaker table features A2LA accredited calibration to the international standard ISO/IEC17025:2017 with a frequency range of 5 Hz – 10k Hz. *
AT2040 portable vibration calibrator device comes with three main modes of operation.
- Mode one is a “shake” operation in which the PVC operates as a simple shaker table. This is useful for performing end-to-end checks or other vibration testing where accelerometer sensitivity is not needed.
- The second mode to select from is “test” mode which displays the accelerometer or proximity probe sensitivity reading. These readings can be done in manual mode or full automatic mode. When performing sensitivity test in full automatic mode, a PDF certificate is also generated by the AT-2040 portable vibration calibrator.
- The third main method of operation is “simulate” mode. Simulator mode is similar to “shake” mode, but a function generator is used instead of the electrodynamic shaker. The advantages of using simulator mode to perform vibration checks are numerous. The simulator is more accurate and performs over a wider range because it is not bound to the mechanical limitations of the electrodynamic shaker.
With AT-2040 you will find the features required for your application without having to install cumbersome and expensive addons. AT-2040 features a full-automatic sensitivity test mode, sensor simulation, power supply output for sensors that require voltage such as the 7310 and 991V aviation sensors, a built-in sensor charge amplifier for both single-ended and differential charge accelerometers, and a custom sensor input that can be configured to fit most accelerometers with a one to one cable.
|Type||Portable Vibration Calibrator / Shaker table / Accelerometer and Proximity Probe Simulator|
|Frequency Range||Vibration Signal: 5-10k Hz|
Simulation Signal: 1 – 11k Hz
|Vibration Signal||Variable frequency and amplitude|
|Test Types||Manual sensitivity, Sensor simulation, Automatic sweep, and Certification.|
|Supported Sensor Input Types|
|Sensor Simulation Output||Voltage (variable frequency and amplitude)|
Charge signal (variable frequency and amplitude)
Proximity probes (adjustable)
|Power Output||2 to 24 volt programable voltage output to power sensors|
-24 volt power to power proximity probe drivers
+24 volt power for 4-20ma sensors and transmitter type drivers
|Certifications and Agency Requirements|
A2LA Accredited Calibration
LVD: EN61010-1: 2010
CE Mark: Product Specific Standard
Included Mounting Adapters
- Universal Accelerometer Adapter Disc
- Universal Adapter Disc for Velocity Pickups
- 1/4 Inch Mounting Spacer
- 1/4-28 to 10-32 Stud
- 1/4-28 to 1/4-28 Stud
- 1/4-28 to 10-32 Adapter
- 1/4-28 to 2-56 Adapter
- 1/4-28 to 6-32 Adapter
- 10-32 to BNC 3 foot in length low noise cable assembly
- Power Cord
- USB stick with custom PC software for auto-test and sensitivity setups.
- Phoenix Connectors for proximity probe input/power output, 4-20ma input, proximity probe simulator and 4-20ma simulator.
- Short handle wrench
- A2LA Accreditation ISO/IEC 17025:2017*
- Quartz Reference Accelerometer
- Calibrated back to back with laser calibrated primary reference for increased accuracy.
- Simulation Mode.*
- Digital closed loop control.
- Digital Electronics
- 100-240v power with standard plug receptacle and built in charger.
- Custom PC Software included to setup Full-Automatic Test Mode
- Built in Charge Converter
- IEPE, Voltage, charge (piezoelectric), 4-20mA, and proximity probe sensitivity readings
- Adjustable current and voltage
- Automatic PDF certificate generation tailored to your custom specifications
- Export Data to CSV.
- Connect to a PC through Wi-Fi and control the device from a remote location with Google Chrome’s built in VNC viewer
The AT2040 is packed with features and functionality. Comprehensive and user-friendly software tools help operators quickly identify and address issues in their vibration system setups
- Create calibration certificates for vibration instruments.
- Test all types of vibration sensors and transducers from a variety of accelerometer and eddy current probe manufacturers.
- Test and verify performance of vibration system meters, portable data collectors, and cabling by using an accurate and traceable signal generator to simulate a variety of sensors.
- Provides a closed loop controlled reference signal from 5 Hz to 10,000Hz for testing over a wide frequency range.
The AT2040 has many applications including:
- Cabling and wiring troubleshooting
- Vibration signal simulation—accelerometers and velocity probes
- Machinery speed signal simulation
- Calibration for:
- Proximity probes and drivers
- Monitoring systems
- Charge amplifiers
- Avionics equipment
AT2040 features a built-in Vibration Signal Generator capable of producing high-accuracy electrical signals over a wide frequency and amplitude range. Designed specifically to simulate accelerometer output, the AT-2040 accelerometer calibrator features the ability to simulate current, voltage, and charge signals that precisely mimic a variety of transducers and sensors. By using the simulator signal, the operator is able to produce signals over a larger range than using the vibration shaker alone.
Simulator signal support for:
- Proximity probe
Proximity probe calibration*
- Proximity probe driver input
- -24-volt supply to power proximity probe drivers
- Built-in meter for displaying voltage on color display
- Accurate results for both AC and DC voltage.
- Connects directly to probe driver without any external equipment
*Proximity Probe Kit is an add-on product.
Direct input for 4-20ma transmitters.
- Plugs directly into the calibrator without any external equipment
- Built-in +24-volt supply
- Current displayed in milliamps
- Sensitivity displayed on color LCD screen
Built-in power supplies
Built in power supplies for powering accelerometers and proximity probe drivers:
- 2-24 volt adjustable
- +24 volt fixed
- -24 volt fixed
Full Automatic Testing:
Customize your full automatic test for one-button operation.
Complete test to certificate in as little as 3 minutes!
One to One Connections
The 8 pin input/output connector can support sensors needing power such as 3 or 4 pin accelerometers and it can be used to connect all three triaxial channels all at once. The AT2040 can also power sensors using its internal power supply. This eliminates the need for BNC breakouts and external power supplies.
Below is a list of some common accelerometer examples that the AT-2040 can connect with one cable. Chances are, it supports your application as well. E-mail us for more details.
- Bently Nevada 330400
- Bently Nevada 330450
- Honeywell (Chadwick-Helmuth) Velcometer 7310
- Honeywell (Chadwick-Helmuth) Velcometer 866-1
- Aces Systems 991V
- Wilcoxon 991D
Internal Charge Amplifier
The built in charge amplifier can be used to read sensitivity on both differential and single-ended charge mode accelerometers. Below are some popular commonly used sensors:
- Dytran 330C1
- Dytran 3235
- Dytran 3035C
- Dytran 3055C
- Dytran 3085C
- Dytran 3088C
- Dytran 3092C
- Bently Nevada 330450
- Bently Nevada 330750
- Bently Nevada 350900
- Vibro-Meter CA 134 & CE 134
- Vibro-Meter CA 202
- Vibro-Meter CA 280
- Vibro-Meter CE 281
- Vibro-Meter CA 303
- Vibro-Meter CA 306
- Vibro-Meter CE 311
- CEC 40123
- CEC 4-125
- CEC 4-126
- CEC 4-128
- CEC 4-130
- CEC 4-137
- CEC 4-138
- CEC 4-170
- CEC 4-171